In a Twitter blog post today, the company revealed its list of what games were most tweeted about during E3 and who dominated the social media conversation. The platform looked at use of various E3 hashtags, mentions to the company accounts, untagged mentions of games, etc. to get the data. It likely doesn’t include shortened game names like “Smash” or “TLOU,” though.
In terms of games, these were the most talked about on Twitter:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Fallout 76
- The Last of Us 2
- Death Stranding
In more absolute terms, this list includes everything at E3 talked about and the tags used for them.
- Nintendo (@Nintendo)
- Xbox (@Xbox)
- Super Smash Bros. (#SuperSmashBros)
- Fallout (@Fallout)
- Playstation (@PlayStation)
- Kingdom Hearts (@KINGDOMHEARTS)
- Ubisoft (@Ubisoft)
- Elder Scrolls (@ElderScrolls)
- Death Stranding (#DEATHSTRANDING)
- Fortnite (@FortniteGame)
Certain moments and announcements generated more E3 discussion than others, as well. These were the moments that generated the most conversation on Twitter.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate release date is announced
- Ridley announced as newest character added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Elder Scrolls VI trailer is revealed at @Bethesda press conference
In terms of region, Twitter also tracked where the tweets were coming from.
- United States
- United Kingdom
The most Twitter conversation happened during Nintendo’s E3 Direct. All in all, there were fifteen million E3 tweets during last week, with the total number of video game-related tweets up 94% from the previous week.